Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 4 without Dan

It's my last day in Penang..

I'm gonna miss this place..In fact I'm starting to miss this place already. My 2nd home, where I face and went through the transition period of my life..from being a teenager, to a young adult.

Gee..how i wish I'm still studying. That was the time when everybody enjoys school days and never had to worry so much about the future because our first priority was to pass our exams, n get good grades. Hmm..well, it was different for me coz I had to get on with a part-time to support my daily expenses. I wasn't exactly alone in Penang; living with Aunt Maggie sure did a lot of help. And so I consider myself more fortunate compared to the others living in hostels and depending fully on themselves.

Aunt Maggie didn't treat me exceptionally when it comes to work. I was treated equally with everyone else. It was tough being a beginner in the working world. There's without a doubt tears, depression and pressure that accompanied those days but thank God, by His strength I pulled through.

It's time to go through another challenging period of life again. I wonder how many challenging times a person has to go through to grow up. The more you grow, the harder the challenges get, and the sadder you grow.

I'm going to a new place. At least I'm planning and preparing to go there. It's another turning point of my life, and new things will happen. In the mean time, I've to let things be as it is, and prepare for the new things that will happen in life.

Phew, making way to a new place sure is hard; being the pioneer of my family (haha) so that my family (especially my parents) can have a better life in the future. I really wish I could let them have a good time in the near future..they never really had chances to go overseas and enjoy since they had kids (We're such a burden... =( ) . Thinking back, we didn't really play our role as good children to them. My dad's the breadwinner of the house, and yet, we didn't know how to appreciate when we were kids, and made him so mad everytime he gets home.

But as I grew up, I realise how great my dad was. He wants to give us the best, even if it means sacrificing his own happiness. He reminds me of our Father in Heaven. My dad's love alone can be so great, let alone out Father in Heaven who created the universe, the heavens and you and me. He had our hair numbered and He knows us even before we're borned. He made bad things bad, and good things good for a reason, and we're in no position to question Him.

Dear Lord, help me and my brothers to realise and learn how to appreciate our parents, for they remind us of Your great Love to us. Honouring our parents is like honouring You, for it is Your commandment to us. I do not want to take matters into my own hands anymore, and I surrender my life to You. I do not want to fail and loose another time. I've failed enough to learn to listen to You. Please work in me and help me to see the parts that I've failed to see, that I may improve and change. Help me to be a better person and learn from my mistakes, so that I won't be condemned in life.

May God be my witness. May all praise be unto You. All this in Jesus name that I ask and pray, Amen.

No comments: