Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 21 without Dan- back in Penang

Came back to Penang for a medical check up, at the same time had a little time to catch up with my buddies.

It's really great to be able to catch up with them, especially when i'm alone back here. It's actually been quite tiring for these few weeks coz I've been travelling almost every weekend, and now I'm gonna be here till the weekend. I wanted to stay till next week, but then I know I'm gonna be quite bored coz Aunt Maggie's not here and it's like back to the olden days again. Besides, I don't think I'm ready to be alone again for too long ..

Having buds/family to keep me company really make a difference. At least there's someone there when I need them, and to know that they care for and love me. I'm not gonna be alone and I don't have to be thinking too much for the time being. Days seemes to be easier to pass by. That's why I know I have to be extra strong when i get to SG...

Mom and Dad have been mentioning about the job that I got in SG since I came back. They're really glad about it and Mom's been proud, coz she said I fulfilled her dreams this time. Gee, at least I guess I've fulfilled both Mom n Dad's dreams, haha. Well, besides being proud about it, they're glad I'm able to help out on the family's finances. Mom was telling me about helping out in the house instalments. At last, I can officially contribute to my family. Mom n Dad had been carrying this burden for a long time and it's time I do my part. With a higher income like this, I bet Dad would be so much better off. It ain't a small sum for the house instalment, but I'm gonna work my way up for it. Dad hasn't been travelling since we were born and I hope to really bring them out one day =).

For some reasons, quite a number of people do really have negative thoughts about the job. Mun kinda reminded me to be aware and keep my conscious clear so that I won't be influenced and go party every nite, and Dan didn't agree on this job choice because bad influences and temptations are there. However, personally for me, no doubt there'll be temptations, but I still think it's all up to that one self, that person, that unique self.

I got to know a batchmate who is a MAS air-stewardess for 3 years and a Christian. She was positive about the job and she liked it alot. We were discussing about the job nature and being close to God in this job really helps. She told me she would go to church everytime when there's a chance, and she brings her bible with her when she flies. No doubt there are times when she has to miss church, she will keep her close to God and constantly pray at all times. Now that's a good example for me to learn from. So it doesn't seem that all people of the same career are acting the same and behaving the same and doing the same thing.

For me, I'm clear of myself and the way I behave at work, in singing and also in competitions. I'm glad the Holy Spirit is always in me and He always shows me what is right and what is wrong, and I perfectly know what needs to be done. People might be skeptical and I don't blame them for that, but I guess time will tell and it's up to myself to stay clear and doing the right thing that glorifies God in all my ways.

To be honest, I did really have deep thoughts about this career even though it seemed that I've already nothing to worry about at my current state. I thought about the future that I'm gonna have and all. It really sounds like the light is not so bright in the future for this career, and so I had serious dicussions with Dad. Dad told me that I should go do what I want to do now, coz he has plans for us. What I meant about plans are business plans. Always being business-minded, he told me about advancing in business and he already had minds on this. It turned out at the end we're having same thoughts and we're on the same path together. At least I know now that my plans are not only dreams, but achievable goals.

God be my witness throughout my next journey of life...

No comments: