Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 26 without Dan- Still in Penang





-Learning and Refining in Cooking!-

This.....is what I made over the weekend with Camilia. Spaghetti ala Chinese style! hahaha. We had this made in 30 minutes and everyone who tried can't help but commended on it..hehe, not too bad for an amateur ey? ;)

I personally felt that it was really different from the many ones that I've tasted (even Dan's =p). I felt it was actually extra addictive. While we were enjoying our meal, we analysed each and every ingredient and our cooking methods and finally, we discovered the "secret"...wanna know what it is? Well, you gotta try it before you know it! ;)

Next up, my plan is to refine the 'mushroom soup chicken rice' dish! I remember making this dish once for Dan, n it was actually quite a simple dish. But now, I'm gonna go with pasta instead and making the pasta a lil' more fragrant..hmm..that should be good. Also, I had my first attempt to make 'home-fried noodles' but it still needed some refining though..and I will be working on some soups too (hey, I know how to cook ABC!) Oh well, I guess it's not too bad for a start up and these skills would be useful when I settle down in SG. Hm, I think I'm starting to like cooking :).

They say a key to a man's heart is to know how to cook. For me, I think it is very crucial for a woman to know how to cook, and to know how to do the necessary chores at home, for it is the basic skills to start up and maintain a family. The man will be longing to come home for a good, sumptous meal, and appreciate every single day for his wife to be by his side. And, the wife has to be a capable, but sweet and loving wife and mother for the husband and kids. This is what I realised the modern working women are lacking of. Yup, they are capable, working hard everyday, but most of them do not cook, what more handling the chores in the house? That explains why their kitchen can be so clean most of the time...haha.

Well, I guess going to SG also has one good benefit for me; I will learn to be more independent, and I will have to put my hands on everything. I do clean my room once in a while, but by then, I will have to clean it more often. I will have to deal with food myself and cook more. These are the keys to survival, and it'll be a good training for me to be a fully, real grown up lady ;).

-At Jolene's Birthday party-

Jolene had her 21st birthday party at her home and her parents gave her a surprise by calling us in secretly. While she got in the door, we greeted her with a loud, LOUD "Surprise!" and there she was, stoned at the door. Haha. Glad to see her being so happy. How sweet of her parents to do that for her~ After the party, we popped by Kelvyn's house to take a look at his dogs; Max, the Golden Retriever n Ferbie, the Shih Tzu. Alrite, there's such a contrast between the two. Max is such a Big dog and Ferbie is so much smaller, and is almost blind...that poor thing.

Later on, we had a little talk about music and how powerful it is as an influence to the world. Without a doubt music can really change the world, and Satan's definitely not missing out the chance to divert the people's attention from the Truth; notice there are so many anti-Christ bands instead of any other religions. It is not wrong for us to be involved in music, as long as we do not go over the limit and do things differently from the others that glorifies God, I think it's already a good testimony to others. I guess it's not only to music, but also to other things in life, especially people in the market place.

Never be embarassed to let people know you're a Christian. And I can bet temptation is very real, especially being the only one there. That is why it is so very important to keep a close relationship with God and let God lead the way instead of listening to ourselves. It can be very dangerous at times when we tend to listen to our head and not our heart. Our heart is where God's presence is, and where God put our real concious. If we have our heads on the matter first, do think twice and listen to our hearts, and that's where God will start working in us to act and do the right thing~

No comments: