Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 35 without Dan- Memories

Dan went back to SG yesterday. But this time I didn’t get to see him. I felt very awkward, being the fact that I wasn’t able to meet him when he’s back after not meeting him for so long, but I guess he needs time on his own. I hope he enjoyed his trip home so far..

It’s the first day of the week again. I’m supposed to be at work today but I had a very bad sore eye during the weekend, so Dad asked me to stay home and have some rest. It’s a good thing too coz I get to stay home and tidy up my room and prepare the luggage for the next big move. Gee..I think I’ve been moving a lot since November last year and I think I didn’t really have a good rest for quite some time already. Back in this big house where it’s suppose to be my home, strangely, I’m having a hard time trying to have some good night sleeps. Guess I’ve not settled down yet and it’s still hard for me to adapt to life back here after being away for so long.

Because of this, my health was affected and my body started to show some symptoms of unwellness. Most of all, it affected my moods and emotions. I began to feel tired everyday and I’m having the worst nose blocks and nostril problems now. Hmm..a good environment does plays a very important role for a person’s well-being. And most of all, I’m being very anxious about the employment pass approval. It has been 2 weeks now, and the med check report is still at the clinic. I wonder when will it be settled, or not I really don’t know how much longer I will have to wait…sigh.

But all in all, I’m really thankful that God has taken care of me and supported me through my family all along the way. Without Mom and Dad here, I guess this journey and transition period will be tougher for me.

Today while I was tidying my room and unpacking the stuffs from the boxes, I stumbled upon a few things Dan’s given to me. Boy oh boy, they reminded me of the past again. The memories started coming back and I see flashbacks of the happy days we had together and how he’d cared for me. As time goes by, I seem to have forgotten about the bad things that happened between us and the wrongs and the rights seemed not so important anymore. Well, most importantly now, I know that he is happier and we’re both not arguing anymore =).

What’s left now are just sweet memories of us. I guess time can heal wounds and make things better. As for Dan, I bet he had a good “recharge” back home during the long weekend, and it’s time for another working week now. I know he’ll be missing home, but I know he’ll be strong enough to go through all this coz I know our Father in heaven will always be with him. And those memories? They’ll always have a place in my heart for as long as it can be....

No comments: