Friday, May 23, 2008

Day....My New Love~

I thought I’d only fall in love with one, and the only one. Afterall, I’ve been in love for all these years. But now, never could I imagine I could fall for another one. I started to find the existing love beginning to fade away, and it started to get a little boring. I knew my love has changed. So long to the old one. I’m gonna start loving you from now onwards and forget about the past, my new love, my White Tuna Sashimi~ =D.

-How We First Met-

It all started when I stepped into this new Japanese restaurant in the ever famous Pulau Tikus (where all the Jap food places are) in Penang. At first look, it seemed to be just another Jap restaurant with my expectations being moderate on it. It doesn’t look like any good and classy restaurants around, but since it’s a new place (and being a loyal Jap food fan), I’d just thought I’d give it a try.

We started off with the menu on the table, and picked a few dishes out of the (I would consider) wide variety of selections. My friend suggested we pick the sashimi coz it’s supposed to be good. Of coz I agreed on that one, and we each took another noodle to go with. The first to be served was the sashimi. We had a good stare at it, and the both of us didn’t waste any time to sink our teeth into those raw, delicious meat. Always being my favourite, the Salmon sashimi, we started off with that unbelievable thick, juicy piece of raw fish and that experience was totally, superb/ mesmerizing/ magical, you name it!

Then came down to the rest of the other types. There were the Mackerel, Octopus, and Tuna, all equally unbelievably thick and juicy pieces. As we were happily enjoying those pieces, I noticed a very rare kind of sashimi at the side of the plate, yet to be touched. As it was white in colour, I started to suspect those pieces were what they called the Butter Fish. Curious, I picked up a piece and sunk my teeth into it. My oh my, to my surprise, the taste was UNBELIEVABLE! The texture was so soft and tender as it’s quite an oily piece, quite rare as oily pieces can only be found at the belly portion of the fish. Immediately, and just about immediately, I fell in love with it; (and I was wrong, it’s actually) the White Tuna Sashimi!



It was so irresistible that after our meal, we even ordered another plate of White Tuna Sashimi all by itself!

I really do not know how to further describe that unbelievable, irresistible taste of the White Tuna Sashimi. I only know that it has captured my heart for another time again over all the years being so loyal to the Salmon sashimi. You gotta try it to believe it! I know I shouldn’t be loving it so much, coz it means the White Tuna will be facing a slimmer chance of survival as the demand for the meat got higher by now.

Well, I think I’ll just meet you up once in a while, and not too often…but I’ll definitely be missing you, my new love~
Wonderful, it's a love at first bite~

No comments: