Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My 1st week in SG~



Finally I get to get my hands on my blog! It's been 1 whole week + 2 days of tiredness n Internet-less days in this new foreign place...



Mon, 16th July, 10.25am was my flight, SQ 191 to SG.



Some of my faithful, loving n caring buddies went all the way to the airport to send me away. They knew, it wasn't a normal holiday trip for me, but a trip where I'm heading towards a new beginning of a new job n a new life. All of them; Simon, Camilia and Liang, woke up pretty early in the morning, careless about their normal wake up time for work and went all the way to the airport. Simon was the one that fetched me at that wee hours of the morning. We all know him; he's a nightbird, and that's the time where he would normally go to sleep. He's surely the man! I thank God for them and I really appreciate their friendship, love and care for me.



Oh well, we had our breakfast at the airport sharing the last time together before I flew off. "Well, this is it", I thought and so i stepped on board. I made a few calls to Mom, Dad, Grandma n Aunt Shann before the take-off. I expressed to Aunt Shann that I'm not confident enough to live alone and I'm not a person with a good attitude and behaviour, as I had a bad blow from Aunt Maggie the nite before for my mistakes and bad attitudes which I never realised. But then, she told me that I was not a failure, but a potential person who hasn't enough confidence. She told me that she has faith in me and will never give up on me although the others do. I was very touched, and I couldn't hold it any longer but to let my tears rolled down my cheeks. As it is, this was it. I took my 1st step on board as the 1st step to start everything anew; to change my bad attitudes and characters, to be a better person for God and learn to love others like Jesus does.

It was my first time at Changi Airport, and I never could've imagined it would be a long walk to the Arrival dept. I met one of my batchmates upon arrival and we're located at the hotel for a week before training. That began our hectic week. We're running here n there almost everyday to settle our EPs, bank a/c, phone line and looking for houses. Surely enough, I saw God's hands upon me n Anastasia. I got my room on the 2nd day in SG at a very fair n reasonable price, much lower than the market rates. It was certainly that our prayers were answered. Much better, the owner n our housemates are all Christians. God is good.



Although hectic, we managed to steal some time to walk around the city and did a little shopping ( Gee, that was fun as it was the Great SG sale season!) . We also managed to have a lil' treat ourselves (when waiting for our EP to be processed) in a small restaurant called "记得吃". They have lotsa very special HK 糖水/ chinese dessert and it was a guarantee-ing satisfaction. Nice and special. I bet Mom, Grandma n Aunt Shann will love it alot ;). Here are some sneak peeks at the pics and you bet I'm gonna bring them there one day!



Oh well, n so it goes. God's definitely here with me, and I thank God each n everyday for His goodness. May He continue to be with us, and may we shine for Him in everything we do. This is the starting, and a renewal of my faith n love to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

It's my 2nd day in training now, I'll update more on the next entry. Stay tuned!


No comments: