Thursday, July 16, 2009

Imperfection

Have we ever wondered?

We often put the blame on someone, somebody or something when bad things happen to our lives. We give ourselves excuses when things doesn't go our way. We try to make the world sound imperfect n the people that's involved to be.

"It all happens and it's all their fault. What wrong have I done? What did I do to deserve all of this?"

Sounds familiar? Yeah, it happens to me too. Many times. Uncountable times. But have we ever sat back and pondered about the mistakes n the imperfection in ourselves that allows all of this to happen?

Man I feel so small when I was told off about my weaknesses. All this while I thought whatever I did was right, coz no one would tell me. Of coz, they were afraid of offending me. Likewise, I wouldn't wanna risk ruining a friendship by telling off somethings I thought they would not wish to hear. But sometimes, some good soul around would just reveal them to you, and it's like a good smack on your face that serves as a WAKE UP CALL.

It tells you that you have a part to play in the mess that occured. It's not all just got to do with the other party. Yes, they may be screwed up, but you're not perfect either. Giving yourself excuses shows that you're avoiding the fact and a perfect chance to grow n improve from it.

Of course, no one can be scarless. But at least, try to change from those bad habits or attitudes that could improve your self-being n your relationship towards the people around you. Don't be in denial. Sometimes, when people around you started to react very differently towards you, try to sit back, think n make a change for the best of yourself n the others.

God didn't make us perfect, so that we could complement each other; whether in a family, with your other half or the friends around you. Sit back, think n ask God for forgiveness. Ask Him to change you as you surrender your soul to Him. He will never let us down.

God's love never fails.

No comments: